Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Breaking Out

It is tough to break free of the iOS 5 constraints. Of course I'm talking about jail breaking the iPhone. I'll chalk up 1 point to the fandroids out there for the lack of freedom for customizing an OS. It can be done though there are some minor drawbacks and one big issue.

I'm talking about the tethered boot. It means that every time I turn this phone off I have to plug it into a computer to turn it back on...talk about suxor.

The other drawbacks have to do more with updating to iOS 5 than with jailbreaking. There are so many comparability issues with some of my favorite apps that it can make them unusable.

Case in point is the handy Blogpress app. I loved it and even praised it in this very blog. Not any more, it crashes every time I use it due to an iOS 5 incompatibility. I'm using the blogger app now and it lacks so many of the finer features. Links are too difficult to use and being as this is a mobile blog, I can't just add them in on my Pc at home.

Oh well, I guess that's why technology is 2 steps back for every 5 steps forward. I was so excited for the post I had ready but it can't be done under these iffy circumstances.

Sorry for the boringness, I'll add some extra humor into my next post when this is all figured out.

No comments:

Post a Comment